With the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation I hope that everyone is staying safe, healthy, and informed. The Engineering Society is here to support you during these times and if you ever have any concerns please reach out to the Executive team as we have been in contact with the faculty, co-op, counselling, accessibility services, and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association to make sure that the Engineering student voice is shared and well informed.
If you are looking for updates on the evolving COVID-19 situation both the University and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association have been centralizing information on a COVID page on their websites. These are great places to check to stay up-to-date on the situation as it evolves and develops.
It can be a stressful time so here are some resources to help you along the way:
- Empower-Me Student Care, has 24/7 support via e-counselling with a toll free helpline: 1-844-741-6389
- Counselling services has a list of resources on their website including online workshops and seminars
- Remember to check in on your friends to support each other during these times
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has posted how to Manage Anxiety and Stress specifically relating to COVID-19
- The Canadian Mental Health Association has also released mental health tips amid COVID-19 Concerns
- Scientific American also has an article on How to Prevent Loneliness in a Time of Social Distancing
- Counselling service is still offering appointments over the phone
Remember that even as things change there is also still positive news out there, take some time to find the good and celebrate even the smallest of wins in your day.
Stay tuned for more updates and we will work through this together as there is strength in community and we can all work through it together even when practicing social distancing.
Take care and continue to do your best,