Waterloo Engineering Society
The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
- A-Soc Election CandidatesThe following are the candidates in the election for EngSoc exec: Delainey Lindstrom-Humphries President Hi everyone! My name is Delainey and I am running to be your next EngSoc President! I have become increasingly involved in the society throughout my adventure here at UWaterloo having served as a director, conference delegate, and as the current Outreach Commissioner. I have the passion and commitment needed to make the society a better place for everyone. My goal is to bridge current gaps I […]
- EngSoc Election Nominations OpenNomination Form: Download here Nominations are open for the EngSoc Elections! Each candidate needs 15 nominations from on term members. Printed form are available in the EngSoc Office (CPH 1327). Forms are due May 17th at 5pm in the EngSoc office (CPH 1327). […]
- EngSoc Executive Election!Hello all A-Soc engineers! As the current A-Soc executive is reaching their 16-month term limit, an election is being held for the next group of A-Soc executive this term (Summer 2019). What is happening? During Summer 2019, there will be an election held, for the Society Presidency, the 4 VP positions (Academic, Finance, Communications and Student Life) and WEEF Director. Who is eligible? To run for the Presidency or VP Academic, you are eligible If you will be in your 2B term or later in […]
- B-Society VP and WEEF Election ResultsNow that all elections have been completed for B-Society Executive, here are the results! WEEF Director Votes cast: 152 Candidate: Stephen Milek Yes votes: 114 No votes: 11 Vice-President Finance Votes cast: 150 Candidate: Audreie Primandono Yes votes: 115 No votes: 14 Vice-President Student Life Votes cast: 151 Candidate: Derek Broekhoven Yes votes: 116 No votes: 21 Vice-President Communications Votes cast: 159 Candidates: Nonso Moneme, Elle Nichols 1st place votes: 73 Nonso, 72 Elle, 14 No […]
- Denise Mueller Wins the Friend of the Society Award!The Friend of the Society Award is awarded to a faculty/staff member every semester for their contributions to promoting the mental health of their students. The winning person’s nomination(s) must indicate that they have contributed significantly to at least one of the following: Advocating on behalf of students to eliminate elements that have a negative effect on student mental health Showing a long-term commitment and vested interest to the betterment of student mental health Taking action […]