The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs. EngSoc still has a ways to go with respect to fostering a truly inclusive community for all students. We are all dedicated to help bring about that change and is focusing more effort on supporting our black and indigenous students.
- JAGM 2021!Hi everyone! Just a reminder that you can still sign up for this year’s Join Anual General Meeting! TLDR: Engsoc’s Joint Annual General Meeting is occurring March 28th at 9:30 a.m. EST. – Learn about the meeting content here: https://bit.ly/JAGM2021 – To attend or proxy your vote (so someone else can vote for you), register here: http://bit.ly/JAGMregistrationLink – Join the zoom at this link: https://zoom.us/j/94743110038 On the 28th of March EngSoc will have […]
- Term Overview and FarewellAfter 16 months my Executive team and I have wrapped up our term as your A-Society Executive. It was an honour to both serve and represent our fellow undergraduate engineering students. The past year has flipped the world upside down and I have been incredibly proud of the adaptability my team demonstrated. Even though this executive term was nothing like what we expected, we were able to still keep the Society going strong, make an impact (hopefully a positive one), and we also learned a ton […]
- Waterloo Engineering Speaker SeriesAbout WESS Waterloo Engineering Speaker Series (WESS) is a speaker series run by Engineering students, for Engineering students. We aim to bring in speakers each term to give an engaging and interesting presentation about how they got to where they are, their research and work, or another topic of their own interest. Coming Up Next Dr. Chae-Ho Yim – DEC.3 at 6PM Presentation Title: The Future of Battery Technology and Machine Learning Topic: Chae-Ho is a Research Council Officer in […]
- Fall 2020 Vice Presidential and WEEF Director Election ResultsThe results are in! Thank you to all of our candidates for running amazing campaigns and for a respectful election season. It was a pleasure serving as your returning officers, and we are happy to congratulate the rest of your incoming EngSoc Executive Team: VP Academic: Ahmad Kamal VP Communications: Zoey Zhang VP Finance: Helen Engelhardt and Anita Yang VP Student Life: Jose Montoya Cabrera As well as your next WEEF Director: Yuvraj Walia. The full breakdown of the votes are provided below. A […]
- Fall 2020 Presidential Election ResultsThe results are in! Thank you to both of our presidential candidates for an amazing campaign. We are happy to congratulate your next EngSoc President: Kathrine Von Friedl. Here is the breakdown of the votes. The voting system used was a ranked ballot. 394 ballots were cast and 4 ballots were declined out of 5122 eligible voters (7.8% voter turnout) which surpassed the quota of 197 votes for the validity of the election. Candidate First Choice Second Choice Third Choice No candidate 11 28 […]