University of Waterloo Engineering Society
The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
This is a new version of the website, so if you see any bugs please drop us a line using that “Contact Webmaster” box in the bottom right!
- Nominate outstanding Waterloo Engineering faculty and staff members for awards!The EngSoc Friend of the Society and Teaching Excellence award committees are now accepting nominations! They work to collect nominations and put together packages to nominate Engineering faculty and staff members for Faculty and University-wide awards! One nominee will also be selected as the winner of each award and have their name added to the plaque. The deadline for nominations is 5 November. For the Friend of the Society Award, the faculty/staff member should have worked towards improving […]
- Winter 2019 Directorship Applications – OPEN!If you’re in engineering and wanna get involved in UWs Engineering Society in a minor or major way this is a great way to do it! There is a huge variety of directorships totaling about 85, so odds are there’s at least one that you’re interested in. And even if there isn’t you can invent your own! Applications Close Oct 30th at noon!! Loading… […]
- Director of the Month NominationsDirector of the month nominations are out!!! Names Reasons he/she/they were nominated Resume critique It was phenomenal Michael Beauchemin an awesome POETS manager Nosh For being an awesome + friendly POETS manager and for signing up for RW shifts! Anson Lau For ordering really good council food for meeting #1 and for guarding the food while council was finishing up. Reno For having a good selection of pizza during resume critiques Ben Moir Logistics & Enthusiasm at FYELC Emil He It was her […]
- VOTE IN THE FALL BREAK REFERENDUMSee Our Post on Background Written by our VP Academic Thomas Dedinsky, Some information on facts regarding the referendum, Orientation, and the Fall Reading Break that will help you inform your decision. For those who want a tl;dr of sorts, read the bolded sentences at the top of each paragraph. See the FEDS VP Education’s Post The Fall Break pilot is coming to an end this year. What do you want to see happen moving forward? VP Education Matt Gerrits explains background and context from […]
- Fall Break Referendum InformationHey everyone! As the Fall Break Referendum on 3-4 October nears, I wanted to give some information on facts regarding the referendum, Orientation, and the Fall Reading Break that will help you inform your decision. For those who want a tl;dr of sorts, read the bolded sentences at the top of each paragraph. 2016 introduced a three-year pilot study of two Fall Reading days which ends this year. Prior to 2016, the Thanksgiving weekend was a 3-day weekend, with classes resuming on Tuesday. In 2016 […]