University of Waterloo Engineering Society
The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
This is a new version of the website, so if you see any bugs please drop us a line using that “Contact Webmaster” box in the bottom right!
- David Brush Wins F2018 Friend of the Society Award! – Examining This Professor’s Impact on Mental HealthThe Friend of the Society Award is awarded to a faculty/staff member every semester for their contributions to promoting the mental health of their students. They are selected through a nomination period by a committee composed of the VP Academic ‘A’, VP Student Life ‘B’, and three at large council elected members. The winning person’s nomination(s) must indicate that they have contributed significantly to at least one of the following: Advocating on behalf of students to eliminate elements […]
- James Craig Wins F2018 Teaching Excellence Award! – A Deep Dive Into This Instructor’s ExcellenceThe Teaching Excellence Award is awarded to an excellent instructor every semester. They are selected through a nomination period by a committee composed of both VP Academics, two at large council elected members and a representative from the Associate Dean, Teaching. The winning instructor’s nomination(s) must indicated that the instructor has contributed significantly to at least one of the following: Employed non-conventional teaching techniques Allowed opportunities for experiential […]
- FYDP Problem Bank Investigation ResultsAfter two months of investigation, the investigation regarding the FYDP Problem Bank is finally over. Read the full slides here […]
- Congress and First Year Integration Conference Applications OPEN!!!Hey people of EngSoc! Applications are now open for two conferences that will be happening this upcoming winter. Congress is a week long conference held by the CFES in which you can be exposed to engineering students from across the country, as well as develop leadership and professional skills. Each delegate attends one of several streams of daily programming, geared toward a certain area of interest. This conference is open to all years and programs, and diversity is encouraged so please […]
- October Director of the Month NominationsWinners will be announced at Council Meeting #3 on Wednesday, October 31st! […]