The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
- EngSoc COVID-19 AdvocacyDear Engineering Students, We’re sure you are now well aware of the University’s decision to move Spring 2020 classes online. We are sure it was a difficult decision to make and one the University does not make lightly. We also only learned of this decision today, and will be working to bring clarification to this situation. We are sure you have many questions and concerns, and are unsure what this change is going to mean moving forward. Many of the specifics are still to be […]
- Resources for COVID-19Hello Everyone! With the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation I hope that everyone is staying safe, healthy, and informed. The Engineering Society is here to support you during these times and if you ever have any concerns please reach out to the Executive team as we have been in contact with the faculty, co-op, counselling, accessibility services, and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association to make sure that the Engineering student voice is shared and well informed. If you are […]
- JAGM 2020 Agenda ReleaseHello Everyone! Countdown is on with our Joint Annual General Meeting (JAGM) only being two weeks away!! Keep reading for more information regarding this year’s meeting. Our Joint Annual General Meeting is still planned for 10am on Sunday March 29th, 2020 with check-in starting at 9:30am. The agenda for this year’s meeting along with all supporting documents are now publicly available online in this JAGM folder. Based on the newly released information on COVID-19, efforts are being made […]
- Joint Annual General Meeting 2020Our Joint Annual General Meeting will be taking place at 10am on Sunday March 29th, 2020! This post outlines some necessary information for the upcoming meeting to keep you all informed and to provide some resources. The deadline to submit a motion to JAGM is Saturday March 7th at 17:00, please send all motions to the JAGM Chair via firstname.lastname@example.org. A guideline to writing motions is available in the JAGM folder. If you are unable to attend the meeting in person you can either attend […]
- Directorship Applications Spring 2020APPLY HERE: http://bit.ly/DirectorsS20 Hello everyone! Directorship applications for Spring term are open! Directorships are an exciting way to get involved with EngSoc by helping run important events and services. There are many positions available under many different umbrellas. To just name a few: Mental Health (Mental Health Blog, Puppies in POETS) Communications (Social Media, Graphic Design, Media, PEO) Student Services (Workshops, Resume Critiques, Exam Bank) Events (Talent, Semi […]
University of Waterloo Land Acknowledgment
We, the Waterloo Engineering Society, acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. Learn More