Waterloo Engineering Society
The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
- Winter 2019 Presidential Election ResultsCongratulations to your new B-Society President, Ellen McGee! Voting Results are below: Eligible Voters: 4311 Votes Cast: 634 Ellen McGee: 427 1st, 100 2nd Derek Broekhoven: 166 1st, 226 2nd No Candidate: 41 1st, 308 2nd Nominations for VP and WEEF Director close Thursday February 14th! […]
- Take Action on Recent Ontario Government ChangesWe’ve all seen the announcements of the recent announcement from the Ontario government regarding the tuition freeze, OSAP changes, and ancillary fees. There are several ways you can take action if these issues are things you feel strongly about. The Engineering Societies Student Council of Ontario (ESSCO) shared a press release on the issue, that they will be taking action toward. Take a read if you want to see what your provincial engineering advocates are doing. Engage with them on […]
- EngSoc Executive Winter 2019 Office HoursThe Engineering Society Executive will be able to meet with any student during their office hours to talk about Advocacy, EngSoc Finances, conferences, and events. Having an Academic or Co-op Issue? Come in and talk to use and we can discuss what we can do to help! Interested in volunteer opportunities, getting involved, or have any concerns about accessibility or events? Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us during our office hours! […]
- Spring 2019 Directorship Applications now open!Directorship applications for the Spring 2019 term are now open. Directors are the people who have their feet on the ground, running the Engineering Society’s events and services. This means everything from our semi-formal dances to ramen eating contests to managing our student lounge POETS to operating our exam bank. We are looking for passionate people who want to make Waterloo Engineering a better, happier, more fun place. Specifically engineering students who will be around in […]
- Board Chair & Secretary Applications Open!!Are you interested in getting more involved in the governance side of the Waterloo Engineering Society? Apply Now!! The Waterloo Engineering Society is looking for a new Chair and a New Secretary for our Board of Directors! APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JAN 10th 2019 Contact President Katie Arnold at email@example.com with any questions!! The Board of Directors Chair is responsible for moderating discussion at Board Meetings, scheduling all meetings, creating the agenda for each […]