The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
- VP Academic Reports – Spring 2019Here’s a recap of the reports made this term by myself if you missed them during council. You can view these and more reports on the website here. Email Thomas Dedinsky at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about them. Work Term Reports Grading. Most departments make students write technical work term reports, however Chemical, Computer, and Electrical engineering plan to have their upcoming students write reflective work term reports in addition to supplemental […]
- Carolyn MacGregor Wins S2019 Friend of the Society Award! – How This Prof Keeps Her Door OpenThe Friend of the Society Award is awarded to a faculty or staff member every semester for their contributions to bettering the mental health of their students. They are selected through a nomination period by a committee composed of the VP Academic ‘A’, VP Student Life ‘B’, and three at large council-elected members. The winning person’s nomination(s) must indicate that they have contributed significantly to at least one of the following: 1. Advocating on behalf of students to eliminate […]
- Mohammed Nassar Wins S2019 Teaching Excellence Award! – Using A Phone Line As A LifelineThe Teaching Excellence Award is awarded to an excellent instructor every semester. They are selected through a nomination period by a committee composed of both VP Academics, two at large council elected members and a representative from the Associate Dean, Teaching. The winning instructor’s nomination(s) must indicate that the instructor has contributed significantly to at least one of the following: 1. Employed non-conventional teaching techniques2. Allowed opportunities for experiential […]
- VP Academic by-election vote breakdownThe results from the VP Academic by-election have been announced and here is the breakdown of the votes. The voting system used was single transferable vote. Ballots Cast – 60, Votes required for majority – 31 First round: Amanda Morin – 57 Result: Amanda Morin elected with a majority of the votes […]
- Election Vote BreakdownThe results from the election have been announced and here is the breakdown of the votes. The voting system used was single transferable vote. President: Ballots Cast – 387, Votes required for majority – 194 First round: Delainey Lindstrom-Humphries – 246 Anastasiya Mihaylova – 141 Result: Delainey Lindstrom-Humphries elected with a majority of the votes VP Communications: Ballots Cast – 411, Votes required for majority – 206 First round: Amanda Morin – 125 Andrew Dickson – […]
University of Waterloo Land Acknowledgment
We, the Waterloo Engineering Society, acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Attawandaron (Neutral), Anishinaabeg and Haudenosaunee peoples. The University of Waterloo is situated on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometers on each side of the Grand River. Learn More