Waterloo Engineering Society
The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs.
- EngSoc Executive Winter 2019 Office HoursThe Engineering Society Executive will be able to meet with any student during their office hours to talk about Advocacy, EngSoc Finances, conferences, and events. Having an Academic or Co-op Issue? Come in and talk to use and we can discuss what we can do to help! Interested in volunteer opportunities, getting involved, or have any concerns about accessibility or events? Feel free to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us during our office hours! […]
- Spring 2019 Directorship Applications now open!Directorship applications for the Spring 2019 term are now open. Directors are the people who have their feet on the ground, running the Engineering Society’s events and services. This means everything from our semi-formal dances to ramen eating contests to managing our student lounge POETS to operating our exam bank. We are looking for passionate people who want to make Waterloo Engineering a better, happier, more fun place. Specifically engineering students who will be around in […]
- Board Chair & Secretary Applications Open!!Are you interested in getting more involved in the governance side of the Waterloo Engineering Society? Apply Now!! The Waterloo Engineering Society is looking for a new Chair and a New Secretary for our Board of Directors! APPLICATIONS ARE DUE JAN 10th 2019 Contact President Katie Arnold at email@example.com with any questions!! The Board of Directors Chair is responsible for moderating discussion at Board Meetings, scheduling all meetings, creating the agenda for each […]
- Winter 2019 Presidential Election AnnouncementHello all B-Soc engineers! As the current B-Soc executive is reaching their 16-month term limit, an election is being held for the next group of B-Soc executive next term (Winter 2019). What is happening? During Winter 2019, there will be 2 rounds of elections held, first for the Society Presidency, followed by the 4 VP positions (Academic, Finance, Communications and Student Life) and WEEF Director. Who is eligible? If you will be in your 2B term or later in Fall 2019 and will be on-term for […]
- David Brush Wins F2018 Friend of the Society Award! – Examining This Professor’s Impact on Mental HealthThe Friend of the Society Award is awarded to a faculty/staff member every semester for their contributions to promoting the mental health of their students. They are selected through a nomination period by a committee composed of the VP Academic ‘A’, VP Student Life ‘B’, and three at large council elected members. The winning person’s nomination(s) must indicate that they have contributed significantly to at least one of the following: Advocating on behalf of students to eliminate elements […]