The University of Waterloo Engineering Society exists to promote a positive undergraduate experience among its members through representation of student opinion as well as support of academic, professional and social needs. EngSoc still has a ways to go with respect to fostering a truly inclusive community for all students. We are all dedicated to help bring about that change and is focusing more effort on supporting our black and indigenous students.
- B-Soc Election CandidatesPresidential Candidates Matthew Casale Hello! My name is Matthew Casale I am a 3A environmental engineering student. For the past 16 months I have been your Vice president academic. I have done my best to advocate for you and provide a positive learning environment. I Have decided to run for the position of engineering society president. I am doing this to for 3 reasons. I want to continue advocating for you and to ensure that even in a time like this we can strive for being the […]
- Welcome to Spring Term!Hello! I have been looking forward to Spring 2020, since probably last summer. I was pumped to get back on campus and see my friends, hang out in POETS, take interesting classes, throw purple powder during Engineering Day and spend a bit too much time in the EngSoc Office. Unfortunately, a lot has changed in the world recently and we will now be attending classes online. It’s been a bit of a process over the last few weeks to accept and understand what this term means for everyone. […]
- EngSoc COVID-19 AdvocacyDear Engineering Students, We’re sure you are now well aware of the University’s decision to move Spring 2020 classes online. We are sure it was a difficult decision to make and one the University does not make lightly. We also only learned of this decision today, and will be working to bring clarification to this situation. We are sure you have many questions and concerns, and are unsure what this change is going to mean moving forward. Many of the specifics are still to be […]
- Resources for COVID-19Hello Everyone! With the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation I hope that everyone is staying safe, healthy, and informed. The Engineering Society is here to support you during these times and if you ever have any concerns please reach out to the Executive team as we have been in contact with the faculty, co-op, counselling, accessibility services, and the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association to make sure that the Engineering student voice is shared and well informed. If you are […]
- JAGM 2020 Agenda ReleaseHello Everyone! Countdown is on with our Joint Annual General Meeting (JAGM) only being two weeks away!! Keep reading for more information regarding this year’s meeting. Our Joint Annual General Meeting is still planned for 10am on Sunday March 29th, 2020 with check-in starting at 9:30am. The agenda for this year’s meeting along with all supporting documents are now publicly available online in this JAGM folder. Based on the newly released information on COVID-19, efforts are being made […]